Hello beautiful people.
Today I was nominated for The Liebster Award by the lovely blogger sincerely, kaytee. Thank you so much 🙂 I have only been blogging for about a month and a half, so being nominated for this award is such a wonderful feeling. I’m very pleased that people actually want to hear what I have to say.
I haven’t heard of this award till this morning, so for you guys who haven’t either, here is how it works:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator
- Display the Liebster award logo in your post
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for the nominees
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs
Here are my answers:
1. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Fairies! Mystical right. I remember me and my sister used to have these fairy ornaments, we believed that when we weren’t looking they would come to life and fly around, so we would always try to catch them by surprise, yet sadly it never worked (obviously). But we couldn’t touch their wings at all, because if we did they would turn to dust.
2. Are you more likely to engage in conflict or avoid it completely?
Personally I do my best to avoid it as much as possible, for instance if my friends get into a huge fight I always try to be neutral between the two. But if conflict finds me I’ll engage in it and try to resolve the problem, and not just walk away, which has been happening a lot lately (sigh).
3. Name 3 things in nature you find most beautiful
First of all I absolutely love nature, getting out of the house and going for an adventure in nature is so calming and peaceful. So, the three things I find most beautiful is firstly water; the sound of water has always been a stress relief of mine, and I love taking the occasional dip in the creek near my house with my friends. The second thing is the forest; walking through untouched trails and finding that perfect spot to have a bonfire with my friends definitely has a very beautiful and unique quality about it. Last but not least finding flowers is so beautiful.
4. What was your last impulse purchase?
Well, considering I have a huge problem with shopping I definitely have a few impulse buys. But my latest one is two pairs of shorts from RW&CO. But don’t worry they were both on sale (thank god).
5. How do you typically spend your Sundays?
Sleeping! Well, only if I have a huge hangover from Saturday night (which sucks). If not I usually try to get out of the house with either my family or friends. Like go for a walk, shopping, go out for lunch, or any other excursion. However at times my mother likes to take up all of Sunday cleaning.
6. Which is a stronger emotion for you: anger or love?
Definitely love. It takes a lot for someone to make me angry, they have to do something really bad. But when I do get mad it can be kinda scary, probably because of all the pent-up emotions.
7. If you could bring one musician back from the dead, who would it be?
There are so many I’m thinking of, but the one person that I’d bring back is Cory Monteith. Glee used to be one of my favourite shows, and when I heard about his death it was such a horrible and drastic surprise that shook me to my core. He had such an amazing talent that was just wasted away because of booze and drugs. But to this day I still watch him on Glee because he was so amazing.
8. If you could master one skill, what would it be?
To be able to draw so realistically that people would think they’re looking at a photo rather than a drawing.
9. What is your favourite holiday and why?
I’d have to say Christmas. I just love it when my whole family comes together, the Christmas dinner is always so yummy (the crackers are the best), when it snows on Christmas morning, going shopping for presents is so fun, dressing up all fancy like, getting drunk with your relatives, and of course opening gifts on Christmas day.
10. Which 1900’s era would you most want to travel back to?
This is a hard one, never really given that a good thought. But I would have to say the Roaring Twenties. Basically because I watched the Great Gatsby a few days ago, and it looked like such a fun era to live in with the flappers and the music, and women also won the right to vote in the Twenties.
11. What words of wisdom would you pass onto your childhood self?
Some people aren’t meant to be in our lives forever. Some are just passing through to teach us a lesson.
Here are my nominees:
AS TOLD BY KATIE G.
Blue Door Design
No Damsel in Distress
And here are my questions:
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
- What do you prefer: sunrises or sunsets?
- Do you like scary movies?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
- Do you hold grudges?
- What was the last thing you took a picture of?
- Can you down a pint (of anything) in one?
- If a tree falls in the forest and there’s no one around to hear it does it make a noise?
- Do you have any unusual fears or phobias?
Have fun answering the questions, I know I did. Can’t wait to read all of your answers. 🙂